The following are highlights from the March School Board Meeting:
1. Superintendent’s Report – Dr. Miriam Witmer from Millersville University presented “Project Teacher Development” which recruits new students, particularly students of color, into the field of education. Click here to review the presentation.
Dr. Rau and Interim Chief of Police Jarrad Berkihiser discussed school safety and security, and the strong relationship between SDoL and the local police departments.
6. Approval of Four Day Work Weeks – Beginning the week of June 22 through the week of August 10, District buildings will be open to the public between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays.
8. Approval Monthly Financial Reports
9. Approval of PlanCon Part E and F – Lincoln MS Construction Project
11. Policies – First Reading
Policy 103 Nondiscrimination Against Students
12. Water Tower Lease with the City of Lancaster – The Board agreed to the following: Motion to negotiate with the City of Lancaster concerning its request to lease School District real estate for installation of a City water tower, with the understanding that any real estate transaction would require further Board approval and would need to be in the best overall interests of the School District.
13. Next Board Meeting – Tuesday, April 17, 2018